Sausage Tortellini Soup
Always searching for new and different soup recipes, I came across a similar one in an old church cookbook and changed a few ingredients to suit my family's tastes. Now it's one of our favorites and I always get requests for the recipe. —Heather Persch, Hudsonville, Michigan
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir
- in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 10 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 199 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 912 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein.