I love cooking, and I learned from Nana and Mom. Pizza is easily one of my favorite dishes to prepare. I switched up this recipe to make it my own. —Tracy Brown, River Edge, New Jersey
Recommended: Our All-Time Best Pizzas
- 2 hot Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 prebaked 12-inch thin whole wheat pizza crust
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups arugula or baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage over medium-high heat until no longer pink, 4-6 minutes. Mix ricotta cheese and garlic powder.
- Place crust on a baking sheet; spread with ricotta cheese mixture. Top with sausage, red pepper and onion; sprinkle with seasonings, then with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until edge is lightly browned and cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes. Top with arugula. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Topped White Pizza in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2017, p134
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage-Topped White Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review