- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded brick or mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato paste, water, parsley, sugar and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, bring water and salt to a boil. Combine cornmeal and cold water; stir into boiling water. Return to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon into a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Cool for 15-20 minutes or until set. Cut into wedges. Sprinkle with cheese and top with sausage mixture. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Topped Polenta in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p67
Reviews for Sausage-Topped Polenta
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review