"We tasted soup a lot like this at a local restaurant," Marilyn Lee from Manhattan, Kansas happily reports. "When I came across a recipe that sounded similar, I made a few changes to create this version."
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, broth, tomato sauce, picante sauce, sugar, basil and oregano. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Tomato Soup in Quick Cooking November/December 2002, p44
Reviews for Sausage Tomato Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 19, 2010
"LOVE this recipe....my favorite soup!! I have made this for others and I am always asked for the recipe."
Reviewed Aug. 4, 2010
"This is a favorite recipe, in our house. Healthy, quick and well recived by family and guests."