Sausage Swiss Muffins
Sage and thyme really perk up these mouthwatering muffins made with handy baking mix. I like to keep a few in the refrigerator because the pork sausage and Swiss cheese make them perfect for breakfast in a hurry.Patsy Spires, Cheshire, Ohio
9 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 8 ounces pork sausage
- 1-3/4 cups Bisquick® mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the baking mix,
- sage and thyme. In another bowl, combine the egg and milk; stir into
- dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese and
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18
- minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes
- before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 9 muffins.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 186 calories, 11 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 40 mg cholesterol, 427 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.