Sage and thyme really perk up these mouthwatering muffins made with handy baking mix. I like to keep a few in the refrigerator because the pork sausage and Swiss cheese make them perfect for breakfast in a hurry.—Patsy Spires, Cheshire, Ohio
Recommended: 50 Great Ways to Make Lasagna
- 8 ounces Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1-3/4 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- In a small skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the baking mix, sage and thyme. In another bowl, combine the egg and milk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the cheese and sausage.
- Fill greased muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 9 muffins.
Originally published as Sausage Swiss Muffins in Quick Cooking September/October 2002, p31
Reviews for Sausage Swiss Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review