When I first began making this dish for breakfast I served it with fried eggs on top. Now I sometimes even make it for supper and serving it without eggs—especially when I want a quick-to-make dish with easy clean-up.—Nancy Murphy, Mount Dora, Florida
Featured In: 50 Recipes We're Cooking Right Now
- 1/2 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- 4 large eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook sausage and sweet potatoes over medium-high heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, breaking up sausage into crumbles.
- Add apples, cranberries, pecans and salt; cook and stir 4-6 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Remove from pan; sprinkle with green onions. Keep warm.
- Wipe skillet clean and coat with cooking spray; place skillet over medium-high heat. Break eggs, one at a time, into pan. Reduce heat to low. Cook to desired doneness, turning after whites are set if desired. Serve with hash. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs in Healthy Cooking Annual Recipes Annual 2016, p68
Reviews for Sausage-Sweet Potato Hash & Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review