Sausage Stuffing Muffins Recipe
This recipe puts stuffing into a muffin form for a special presentation. I made these when I cooked my first Thanksgiving dinner. You can also bake the stuffing in a greased baking dish.—Tricia Bibb, Hartselle, Alabama
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 45 min. Bake: 20 min. YIELD:18 servings
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- 2. In same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Transfer to bowl; add stuffing, apples, cranberries, pecans, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness. Whisk eggs and baking powder; add to stuffing mixture.
- 3. Spoon into 18 greased muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of muffin cups to loosen. Serve immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 muffin equals 258 calories, 14 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 625 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC