- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 4 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14 ounces) crushed corn bread stuffing
- 2 medium apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 package (5 ounces) dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 to 3 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- In same skillet, saute celery and onions in butter until tender. Transfer to bowl; add stuffing, apples, cranberries, pecans, salt and pepper. Stir in enough broth to reach desired moistness. Whisk eggs and baking powder; add to stuffing mixture.
- Spoon into 18 greased muffin cups. Bake 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool 10 minutes. Run a knife around edges of muffin cups to loosen. Serve immediately. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage Stuffing Muffins in Thanksgiving Digest 2012
Reviews for Sausage Stuffing Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review