Sausage-Stuffed Squash Recipe
SERVED WITH buttered noodles and some fruit, this delicious, satisfying "meal in one" is easy to prepare. The green of the squash remains true to color through the cooking process, so it's pretty on the plate. It's a favorite when I'm cooking for just the two of us. —Linda Gaido New Brighton, Pennsylvania
- 1 acorn squash (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, egg, brown sugar, garlic and bread crumbs.
- 2. Spoon into squash halves; place in a small shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the stuffing reaches 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Squash
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2011
"Delicious!Have made several times and my family request I make them soon as they are ready out of the garden"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC