Sausage-Stuffed Squash Recipe
SERVED WITH buttered noodles and some fruit, this delicious, satisfying "meal in one" is easy to prepare. The green of the squash remains true to color through the cooking process, so it's pretty on the plate. It's a favorite when I'm cooking for just the two of us. Linda Gaido New Brighton, Pennsylvania
- 1 acorn squash (2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 12 ounces bulk pork sausage
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- Cut squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sausage, egg, brown sugar, garlic and bread crumbs.
- Spoon into squash halves; place in a small shallow baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until a thermometer inserted in the stuffing reaches 165°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Squash in Reminisce Extra December 1995, p47
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Squash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 24, 2011
Delicious!Have made several times and my family request I make them soon as they are ready out of the garden