Sausage-Stuffed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 9 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, divided
- 1/3 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Scrub and pierce potatoes; place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 8-9 minutes or until tender, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink. Add onions and 4-1/2 teaspoons parsley; cook 1-2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat; stir in cheese. Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out 1 tablespoon pulp (save for another use).
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons sausage mixture into each half. Place on a microwave-safe plate. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining parsley. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Red Potatoes(4)
Sort By :
Little too much parsley. Used about half.
I agree with the other reviews -- I did not use the microwave and it is way too much parsley! I added 4 oz. of cream cheese to help the filling stick together and I sprinkled the cheddar cheese on top. They got hot and bubbley under the broiler!
Used a standard oven instead of a "Mc-nuclear". Also used chicken sausage instead of turkey. Was very good and will make again with a few twists of my own. Sliced Black olives, chopped mushrooms come to mind right away.
It was really easy and good, but had way too much parsley for my taste. I cut the amount by half, and thought that was perfect.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Appetizers >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Healthy Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Appetizers >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Finger Foods >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Meat Appetizers >
- Party Appetizers >