- are tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Reduce heat; add the currants, broth, poultry seasoning, sage and
- marjoram. Return sausage to the pan. Cook and stir for 5-7 minutes
- or until liquid is absorbed. Remove from the heat; stir in rice.
- Wash pumpkins; cut a 3-in. circle around each stem. Remove tops and
- set aside. Remove and discard loose fibers; save seeds for another
- use. Prick inside each pumpkin with a fork; sprinkle with salt and
- garlic powder. Stuff with sausage mixture; replace tops.
- Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish; add 1/2 in. of water. Bake,
- uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil; bake
- 45-50 minutes longer or until tender. Cut each pumpkin into four
- wedges to serve. Yield: 8 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.