Sausage-Stuffed Potatoes Recipe
- 2 baking potatoes
- 1 package (12 ounces) bulk pork sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Scrub and pierce potatoes; bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender.
- 2. In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Cool potatoes slightly; cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out the pulp and place in a bowl; add butter and mash. Stir in Parmesan cheese, pepper and sausage. Spoon into potato shells.
- 3. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 758 calories, 43 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 96 mg cholesterol, 956 mg sodium, 69 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Potatoes
"These are good! I am always looking for ways to use sausage in dinner meals, since we rarely have big breakfast fare anymore. I stirred in some sour cream, also, and added chopped green onions under the cheddar cheese. Served with peas'n'carrots. Thank you, Janice :)"