Sausage-Stuffed Pork Roast Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs, ricotta cheese, carrot, garlic and parsley; set aside.
- Starting about a third in from one side, make a lengthwise slit in the roast to within 1/2 in. of bottom. Turn roast over and make another lengthwise slit, starting from about a third in from the opposite side. Open roast so it lies flat; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 3/4-in. thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Spread sausage mixture over meat to within 1 in. of edges. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roll-up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Tie several times with kitchen string and secure ends with toothpicks. Place seam side down on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Rub oil over roast.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 60-70 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Discard toothpicks. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Pork Roast(1)
Sort By :
Awesome! Very easy to make. When I purchased the loin from my market I had them split the roast for me. Saved me some time. I do know one thing I will do different next time. That is use my blender to chop up the sausage. Very good and I can't wait to make this again. Thinking of even trying it on the grill!