Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms Recipe
"These savory mushrooms taste a bit like pizza," says Kathy Andrews of Winter Springs, Florida.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
"my daughter makes this recipe every time we have a family gathering and if she doesn't make it everyone complains that she didn't have it. We usually have around 35-40 people at our holidays gatherings. It is wonderful."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC