Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms Recipe
"These savory mushrooms taste a bit like pizza," says Kathy Andrews of Winter Springs, Florida.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1. Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 177 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 34 mg cholesterol, 478 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC