Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms Recipe
"These savory mushrooms taste a bit like pizza," says Kathy Andrews of Winter Springs, Florida.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1. Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- 2. In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC