"These savory mushrooms taste a bit like pizza," says Kathy Andrews of Winter Springs, Florida.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p8
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
"my daughter makes this recipe every time we have a family gathering and if she doesn't make it everyone complains that she didn't have it. We usually have around 35-40 people at our holidays gatherings. It is wonderful."