- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Remove mushroom stems; set caps aside. Chop stems; set aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; remove with a slotted spoon.
- In the drippings, saute onions and mushroom stems. Stir in spaghetti sauce and sausage. Stuff into mushroom caps. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms in Taste of Home October/November 2001, p8
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Pizza Mushrooms(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 22, 2010
my daughter makes this recipe every time we have a family gathering and if she doesn't make it everyone complains that she didn't have it. We usually have around 35-40 people at our holidays gatherings. It is wonderful.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >