Sausage-Stuffed Peaches Recipe
I MADE UP this recipe while living in Spain. I wasn't used to the cuts of meat available there, but the sausage was always tasty. This colorful dish never fails, and the unusual combination of flavors is well received by guests. I often get requests for the recipe. -Marcia Albury, Boca Raton, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) peach halves
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 ounces Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1. Drain peaches, reserving 4 peach halves and 1/4 cup syrup (refrigerate remaining peaches and syrup for another use). In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, onion, egg, salt and pepper. Add sausage; mix well. Shape about 1/4 cupfuls of sausage mixture into balls; place each ball in the indentation of a peach half. Place peaches in a small greased baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes; drain. Pour reserved syrup over sausage; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until meat is no longer pink and syrup is heated through. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (2 each) equals 414 calories, 19 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 137 mg cholesterol, 1,074 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 12 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC