Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms Recipe
- 12 to 15 large fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces bulk Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from the mushrooms. Chop stems finely; set mushroom caps aside. Place stems in paper towels and squeeze to remove any liquid.
- In a large skillet, heat 1-1/2 tablespoons butter. Cook stems and onion until tender. Add the lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper; cook until almost all the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the mushroom mixture, sausage and parsley; stuff reserved mushroom caps. Combine crumbs and cheese; sprinkle over tops. Dot each with remaining butter.
- Place in a greased baking pan. Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink, basting occasionally with pan juices. Serve hot. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms(22)
Sort By :
I'm thinking I would like to make this for a holiday gathering Hi flageolet, I would very much like to know the brand of sausage did you incorporate , was the Parmesan a quality aged like Asiago d'Allevo and what brand of bread crumbs did you used for this recipe?
Thanks in advance:)
i am a seasoned cook and made these for superbowl, not good and i went exactly by the recipe
This recipe is wonderful and easy to follow. I used large portabella caps w/green onions and used sage sausage...NUMMY!! I was always intimated by recipies I've never tried before, but find you learn by trying!!
I made this tonite - delicious! Not that difficult to follow, and anyone that can cook should be flexible enough to adjust the recipe as needed.
I would try using baby ports the next time as opposed to smaller white mushrooms.
BTW, I can't believe that people would spend the T&E to bash other peoples' opinion regarding a recipe. Sorry it didn't work for them, but based on what I've read it worked for you. Get a life!
I haven't tried this yet, but I can tell it will be great. I do have a thought, or maybe a question. Is there a reason not to cook the sausage and combine with the other ingredients prior to stuffing the 'shrooms? I wouldn't cook the sausage dry, but this should shorten the final cooking time, and save time when you are ready to get 'em out.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Italian Appetizers >
- Italian Recipes >
- Mushroom Appetizers >