Sausage-Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
- 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and bread crumbs. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- 3. Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 35 appetizers.
1 each: 26 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 47mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers
"I have made this recipe many times and these mushrooms get devoured every time. I use Italian-seasoned bread crumbs and before I fill the mushroom caps, I dip them in some Zesty Italian dressing for some extra zing! This is now one of my go-to apps for partys and get-togethers! LOVE them!"