Sausage-Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers Recipe
“My family eats these as fast as I can make them, and with just four ingredients, they couldn’t be easier to prepare. Guests will love the taste; you’ll love the simplicity," says Kathryn Schumacker of Batesville, Indiana.
- 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bulk Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1. Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and bread crumbs. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- 3. Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 35 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 26 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC