“My family eats these as fast as I can make them, and with just four ingredients, they couldn’t be easier to prepare. Guests will love the taste; you’ll love the simplicity," says Kathryn Schumacker of Batesville, Indiana.
- 35 large fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Remove stems from mushrooms and finely chop; set caps aside. In a large skillet, cook sausage and mushrooms over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cheese and bread crumbs. Fill each mushroom cap with about 1 tablespoon of filling.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 400° for 16-20 minutes or until mushrooms are tender. Yield: 35 appetizers.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed Mushrooms in Simple & Delicious March/April 2008, p27
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed Mushroom Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review