If you like appetizers with a little kick, you'll savor these zippy cream cheese-and-sausage-filled jalapenos. Rachel Oswald of Greenville, Michigan sent in the recipe.
14 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese
- 22 large jalapeno pepper, halved lengthwise and seeded
- Ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a large skillet, cook the sausage over medium heat until no longer
- pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese and Parmesan
- cheese; fold in sausage.
- Spoon about 1 tablespoonful into each jalapeno half. Place in two
- ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 425°
- for 15-20 minutes or until filling is lightly browned and bubbly.
- Serve with ranch dressing if desired. Yield: 44 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 each) equals 162 calories, 14 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 319 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.