Sausage Stuffed French Toast
Kids like to help stuff the sausage and cheese into the bread, so this is a good holiday treat. I serve it year-round for breakfast when we have guests or on special family occasions.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) brown-and-serve sausage patties
- 6 slices Italian bread (1-1/2 inches thick)
- 3 slices Muenster or brick cheese, halved
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Maple syrup
- In a skillet, cook sausage until browned; drain. Cut a pocket in the
- crust of each slice of bread. Stuff a sausage patty and slice of
- cheese into each pocket. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs, milk and
- sugar. Soak bread for 2 minutes. Fry on a greased griddle over
- medium heat until golden brown on both sides. Serve with syrup.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 335 calories, 18 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 174 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 15 g protein.