- 1 loaf (1 pound) French bread
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/2 pound Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Cut a thin slice off the top of the bread. Hollow out bottom half, leaving a 1/4-in. shell. In a food processor or blender, process bread crumbs until coarse; set aside 1 cup. (Discard remaining crumbs or save for another use.)
- In a skillet, brown beef, sausage and onion; drain. Stir in reserved crumbs, cheese, egg, parsley, mustard, pepper, salt and fennel; mix well. Spoon into bread shell; replace bred top. Place on a large sheet of heavy-duty foil.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Brush over tops and sides of loaf. Seal the foil.
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Stuffed French Loaf in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p84
Reviews for Sausage-Stuffed French Loaf
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review