- salt and pepper. Crumble sausage over mixture and mix well.
- Spread 1/2 cup sausage mixture over each steak piece. Roll up
- jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; tie with kitchen
- In the same skillet, brown meat in remaining oil on all sides.
- Transfer to a greased 3-qt. slow cooker. Top with marinara sauce and
- remaining wine. Cook and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until beef is
- tender. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without pasta) equals 815 calories, 45 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 129 mg cholesterol, 1,687 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 49 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.