Sausage-Studded Red Beans and Rice
—Taste of Home Cooking School
8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute sausage,
- onion and celery in a large saucepan until vegetables are
- crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes and
- seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through, about
- 10 minutes. Stir in rice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.