- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute sausage, onion and celery in a large saucepan until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in rice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Studded Red Beans and Rice in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p46
Reviews forSausage-Studded Red Beans and Rice
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
"This is so easy- and so good! We've already made it again. The second time around, I used a spicer sausage and added turkey (or chicken) as well. Delicious!"