- 1-1/3 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 1 package (16 ounces) Eckrich® Smoked Sausage, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, saute sausage, onion and celery in a large saucepan until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in beans, tomatoes and seasoning. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. Stir in rice; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage-Studded Red Beans and Rice in Taste of Home Cooking School Collection Winter 2009, p46
Reviews for Sausage-Studded Red Beans and Rice
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2010
This is so easy- and so good! We've already made it again. The second time around, I used a spicer sausage and added turkey (or chicken) as well. Delicious!