- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked breakfast sausage links, thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 package (4.9 ounces) scalloped potatoes
- 3 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- Paprika, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage and garlic until sausage is lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Stir in the contents of the potato and sauce packets. Add water, broth and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Stir in the cream, sour cream and mustard; heat through (do not boil). Sprinkle with paprika if desired. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stroganoff Soup in Quick Cooking September/October 2001, p43
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage Stroganoff Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review