At our cafe, breakfast is probably our busiest time of day. So I need recipes that are easy to prepare. The seasoned croutons are a fast way to add great flavor.
10-12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before
- cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 398 calories, 29 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 376 mg cholesterol, 936 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 22 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.