Sausage Strata Recipe
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- 1. Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into pan.
- 2. Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 piece: 398 calories, 29g fat (13g saturated fat), 376mg cholesterol, 936mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 22g protein .
Reviews for Sausage Strata
"We make is quite often on our camping weekends. It does take a little longer in a camper oven but it's worth the wait."