At our cafe, breakfast is probably our busiest time of day. So I need recipes that are easy to prepare. The seasoned croutons are a fast way to add great flavor.
- 1-1/2 pounds bulk pork sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into pan.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Strata in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p23
Reviews for Sausage Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"We make is quite often on our camping weekends. It does take a little longer in a camper oven but it's worth the wait."