- 1-1/2 pounds Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and crumbled
- 3 cups onion and garlic croutons
- 18 eggs
- 3 cups (12 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Tomato slices, optional
- Place sausage and croutons in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in cheese, milk and salt; pour into pan.
- Bake uncovered at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 5 minutes before cutting. Garnish with tomato slices if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Strata in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p23
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Strata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2011
"We make is quite often on our camping weekends. It does take a little longer in a camper oven but it's worth the wait."