Convenient frozen veggies and canned broth shorten prep time for this deliciously different stir-fry from Nykii Chouteau. "Smoked kielbasa provides the hearty change of pace," reports the Clermont, Florida cook
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in oil until
- tender. Add sausage, vegetables and bamboo shoots if desired;
- stir-fry until heated through. Combine cornstarch, cayenne, broth
- and soy sauce until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritional Analysis: One 1-cup serving (prepared with low-fat smoked turkey sausage, low-sodium broth and light soy sauce; calculated without rice) equals 182 calories, 885 mg sodium, 51 mg cholesterol, 12 gm carbohydrate, 15 gm protein, 9 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 meat, 2 vegetable.