- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound fully cooked kielbasa or Polish sausage, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetables, thawed
- 1 can (8 ounces) bamboo shoots, optional
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add sausage, vegetables and bamboo shoots if desired; stir-fry until heated through. Combine cornstarch, cayenne, broth and soy sauce until smooth; add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Stir-Fry in Quick Cooking November/December 1998, p54
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now
Reviews for Sausage Stir-Fry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review