Sausage Squash Skillet Recipe
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned salad croutons
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the squash; cook for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 2 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Squash Skillet(2)
Sort By :
This was ok. A good way to use up extra squash from the garden. I used turkey sausage since it's healthier. I would make it again, but my husband didn't care for it (he doesn't like squash).
My husband made this by first browning the sausage and onion. Then he cooked the sliced squash in olive oil, then mixed it together, added the seasonings and broth and the croutons. We enjoyed it, however the children did not. Thought the croutons added a great touch!
More Recipe Collections
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >