Sausage Squash Skillet
I always thought yellow squash was bland until I prepared it this way. Combined with Italian sausage, it makes a delicious main dish.
-Marcia Albury, Severna Park, Maryland
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, halved and sliced
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup seasoned salad croutons
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook sausage and onion until the
- meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the squash; cook for 3-4 minutes
- or until tender. Stir in the broth, salt and pepper. Cook 2 minutes
- longer or until heated through. Sprinkle with croutons. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 247 calories, 16 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 734 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 14 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.