Sausage Squash Kabobs Recipe
Expect a crowd to gather around the grill when these flavorful kabobs are cooking! Lisa Malynn Kent's recipe takes a healthy turn with turkey kielbasa, potatoes, squash and zucchini on the skewer. "The zesty honey-mustard glaze gives a lovely sheen to the sausage and veggies," she notes from North Richland Hills, Texas.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pound reduced-fat turkey kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. For glaze, combine the honey, mustard and orange peel in a small bowl.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini; brush with half of the glaze.
- 3. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-16 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, turning and basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 379 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 51mg cholesterol, 1361mg sodium, 63g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 7g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Squash Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC