Sausage Squash Kabobs Recipe
Expect a crowd to gather around the grill when these flavorful kabobs are cooking! Lisa Malynn Kent's recipe takes a healthy turn with turkey kielbasa, potatoes, squash and zucchini on the skewer. "The zesty honey-mustard glaze gives a lovely sheen to the sausage and veggies," she notes from North Richland Hills, Texas.
- 1 pound small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 pound reduced-fat turkey kielbasa, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small yellow summer squash, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 2 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine potatoes and water. Cover and microwave on high for 6-8 minutes or until tender; drain and set aside. For glaze, combine the honey, mustard and orange peel in a small bowl.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the sausage, potatoes, yellow squash and zucchini; brush with half of the glaze.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill kabobs, uncovered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 10-16 minutes or until vegetables are tender and sausage is heated through, turning and basting frequently with glaze. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Squash Kabobs in Light & Tasty December/January 2003, p13
Reviews for Sausage Squash Kabobs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- German Dinner Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- Grilled Kabobs >
- Grilled Zucchini >
- Grilling Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >