Want a fast way to turn a salad into a hearty meal? Add sausage. The mustard dressing also goes with smoked salmon or chicken. — Deborah Williams, Peoria, Arizona
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Add sausage mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Salad in Healthy Cooking June/July 2012, p57
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review