- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 2 fully cooked Italian chicken sausage links (3 ounces each), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/2 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon stone-ground mustard
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add sausage and onion; cook and stir until sausage is lightly browned and onion is crisp-tender.
- Place spinach in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, mustard and remaining oil. Drizzle over spinach; toss to coat. Add sausage mixture; serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Salad
Sort By :
Very tasty. We added fresh herbs to spice it up a bit more. This is a go to for dinner.
This was a nice change from the typical hot bacon and spinach salad.
When I made this, I ending up putting the spinach in the skillet also - when the sausage and onions were just about fully cooked. I continued sautéing until the spinach was cooked down.. Delicious!
Made this for friends for lunch. Used white balsamic vinegar. How wonderful. !!!!!!