- two 12-in. pizza pans coated with cooking spray. Build up edges
- slightly. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake 5-8 minutes or
- until edges are lightly browned.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, cook sausage over medium heat
- until no longer pink; drain. Place tomatoes in a food processor;
- cover and pulse until finely chopped.
- Spread tomatoes over crusts; layer with spinach, sausage and
- provolone cheese. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crusts and cheese are
- lightly browned. Yield: 2 pizzas (8 slices each).
Nutritional Facts: 2 slices equals 314 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 729 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.