Sausage-Spinach Pasta Supper Recipe
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain.
- 2. Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted. In a small bowl, combine flour, pepper and cream until smooth; stir into pasta mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with turkey Italian sausage, reduced-sodium broth and 2% milk) equals 505 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 1,393 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 35 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.