Sausage-Spinach Pasta Supper Recipe
- 2 Johnsonville® Mild Italian Sausage Links links, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta, broken in half
- 1 package (10 ounces) fresh spinach, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- In a large saucepan, cook the sausage, onion and garlic in oil over medium heat until sausage is browned; drain.
- Add broth; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Gradually add spinach. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until pasta is tender and spinach is wilted. In a small bowl, combine flour, pepper and cream until smooth; stir into pasta mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sausage-Spinach Pasta Supper
Sort By :
I made this with sausage I had in the frig. The only instructions I would change is to make the sauce before I put in the pasta and spinach. Also, I would completely cook the pasta and just add to heat thru. I used coffee cream instead of heavy cream. Next time I would use heavy cream because the sauce would be thicker. Added Parmesan for topping. This is a keeper but next time I will make the changes.
this is so easy and so delicious....am making again this weekend and printing out this recipe for the girls in the office...
This was a delicious and easy recipe.. thank you. Certainly a keeper.
I have always rinsed my pasta after cooking because of the starch content,maybe I am wrong and it is OK to cook in the broth and eat?
Just made this for dinner and it was a hit! Everyone in the family loved it and is already looking forward to having it again. I used a hot Italian sausage (we like things spicy!) and it was full of flavor yet still light and tasty. Highly recommended and super easy! Yum! :)
More Recipe Collections
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >