- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into turkey mixture. Add spinach and cream; heat through. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Pasta Bake
"Wonderful dish. Cut spinach in half only to slide some spinach in the kids' diet."
"Good. I have a similar recipe which uses beans instead of sausage."
"Very good. What a great recipe to fool around with."
"Pretty yummy, though not our favorite of this type of dish."
"Made this for friends and it got rave reviews all around. I used chicken sausage and a little less cheese."