- 1 package (16 ounces) whole wheat spiral pasta
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic. Cook 1 minute longer; drain. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, basil and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes.
- Drain pasta; stir into turkey mixture. Add spinach and cream; heat through. Transfer to a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Pasta Bake
Sort By :
"Good. I have a similar recipe which uses beans instead of sausage."
"Very good. What a great recipe to fool around with."
"Pretty yummy, though not our favorite of this type of dish."
"Made this for friends and it got rave reviews all around. I used chicken sausage and a little less cheese."
"We don't have problems with sodium, but I can my own tomatoes, so I used them. Aldo used game sausage. I have to say this was lovely. Fresh spinach made the dish perfect for us. Thanks for submitting this. Will make it again."