Sausage Spinach Manicotti Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- 1. In a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano and garlic; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- 2. Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; pour over manicotti. Pour water along sides of pan.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
2 each: 648 calories, 34g fat (15g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 1763mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 40g protein .
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Manicotti
"Was a delicious meal! I only changed grated for shredded parmesan cheese. Have made a few times. Yum."