Sausage Spinach Manicotti Recipe
"My newly married daughter didn't want to ask her mother-in-law for the recipe to her husband's favorite meal," writes Donna Moyer of Grants Pass, Oregon. "Instead, she asked me to help her figure out a recipe. Together, we cam up with this delicious stick-to-the-ribs casserole. It's so easy, today my 4-year-old granddaughter stuffs the pasta shells herself!"
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 10 uncooked manicotti shells
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Mild Ground Italian Sausage
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup water
- In a large bowl, combine 1 cup mozzarella cheese, cottage cheese, spinach, Parmesan cheese, egg, oregano and garlic; stuff into uncooked manicotti shells. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Crumble sausage into a large skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; pour over manicotti. Pour water along sides of pan.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1 hour. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Manicotti in Country Woman May/June 2005, p41
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 19, 2010
Was a delicious meal! I only changed grated for shredded parmesan cheese. Have made a few times. Yum.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Dinner Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Casseroles >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Manicotti >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >