Sausage Spinach Casserole Recipe
This spinach casserole, from Lynn Salsbury of Herington, Kansas, makes a light main dish or hearty side dish. "It's really good with plenty of spinach, beans and nice garlic flavor," she reports. "It's also a great way to use up leftover sausage."
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cooked Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice and peel, nutmeg and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- 2. In a skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 474 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 1066mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 8g fiber), 27g protein.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC