Sausage Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cooked Italian sausage links, sliced
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Stir in 1/4 cup cheese, lemon juice and peel, nutmeg and pepper. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a skillet, saute garlic in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in bread crumbs and remaining cheese. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Casserole in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p42
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review