This delicious recipe using a packaged stuffing mix was given to me some years ago by a friend. A salad and bread of your choice is all you’ll need for a filling lunch or dinner. It’s so versatile, you can even serve it at brunch. –Kathleen Grant, Swan Lake, Montana
- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Sausage Spinach Bake in Quick Cooking January/February 2006, p33
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review