- 1 package (6 ounces) savory herb-flavored stuffing mix
- 1/2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1-1/2 cups half-and-half cream
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Prepare stuffing according to package directions. Meanwhile, crumble sausage into a large skillet. Add onions; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the stuffing, sausage mixture and spinach. Transfer to a greased 11x7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with Monterey Jack cheese. In a small bowl, combine cream and eggs; pour over sausage mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 35-40 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 12 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Sausage Spinach Bake
Sort By :
"Absolutely love this recipe, and I'm not even a fan of cooked spinach."
"Fabulous! I've had this in my "to try" file for YEARS and I wish I had made it sooner!! We had it for dinner with some cut up fruit on the side. Perfect and comforting on a snowy night! This would be wonderful for a brunch item."
"Our family loves this one! We have used it either as a side or as a main course. Good way to incorporate spinach into the diet of a family who refuses to eat their vegetables. Try it!"
"Absolutely delicious! I think all of the flavors went really together in this unique dish. It was so easy to make. Thanks for sharing!"
"I also use a full pound of sausage, but use the low-fat kind as well as fat free half and half. My 10 year old gobbles this up!"